- Category: Services
· Free tuition
· Free loan of text books
· Monthly stipend
· Uniform, transportation and living allowances for low income groups
CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY
A grade 6 or 7 elementary pupil from a duly recognized school by the Department of Education, who meets the following criteria is eligible to apply for the PSHS National Competitive Examination (NCE). He/She must:
1. belong to the upper 10% of the batch and does not have a grade below 80 as certified by the School Principal. If the applicant does not belong to the upper 10%, he/she should have special aptitude in science and math as evidenced by the report card, with at least a final grade of 85 in Science and Math and 80 in all other subjects;
2. be a Filipino citizen with no pending application as immigrant to any foreign country;
3. be in good health and fit to undergo a rigorous academic program;
4. be of good conduct and behavior; and
5. not have taken the PSHS NCE previously.
1. Fully accomplished Application Form in two (2) copies
2. Two (2) identical recent 1 x 1 ID pictures
3. Non-refundable test fee — for private school students — P 100
— for public school students — free
4. Copy of report card if the applicant does not belong to the upper 10% of the batch
Only one test will be administered, a scholastic aptitude test (known as National Competitive Examination) which is designed to measure Scientific Ability, Quantitative Ability, Abstract Reasoning and Verbal Aptitude.
The PSHS NCE application form and the accompanying material are NOT FOR SALE, NO RESERVATION FEE is REQUIRED, it may be PHOTOCOPIED, and may be DOWNLOADED.Just click the attachment below this page.
Application forms are available and may be filed at any of the following: PSHS Campuses, DOST Regional offices, or Provincial Science and Technology Offices. Application forms with incomplete information will not be processed. Erasures, alterations and insertions must be initialed by the applicant.
The Examination Permit/s will be issued to the applicants upon completion of all documents by the campus where the application was processed. For applications filed with DOST agencies, the exam permits will be mailed to the applicant or to the school principal for distribution to its applicant/s. In case the exam permits are not received two weeks before the examination day, the applicants should check with the nearest PSHS campus, DOST Regional Office, DOST Provincial Science and Technology Office, or the PSHSS Admissions Office.
Office of the Registar
Mrs. Divina P. Biña
Tel: 033-3292011/5014133 local 104
You may also file at DOST Regional Offices or at DOST Provincial Science and Technology Offices.
- Category: Services
The Philippine Science High School has a core curriculum packed with Science and Mathematics courses which aims to develop the scholar in all disciplines. The curriculum is balanced by Humanities courses which foster the full growth of each student’s character. Scholars experience a common freshman year, with a demanding English and Mathematics curriculum, and exposure to Earth Science and Technology Preparation.
The Science and Mathematics subjects are generally advanced. Starting in the second year, the students take up Biology, Chemistry and Physics as separate subjects while Computer Science is offered in all year levels. Come junior year, scholars begin to pursue their own research projects through their Science and Technology Research classes. They are also given the freedom to choose an elective class from a wide array of course offerings by the different faculty units.